Tahday...The ceiling is done! We used the same tongue and groove pine boards we did for the loft and the living room floor. We also worked in more beams across the whole ceiling for aesthetics. We had to run the wire for the lights before finishing the ceiling which was good because it forced me make decisions on lighting.

Also, before adding the ceiling boards, we had to attach small spacer boards to be able to attach the ceiling boards. The ceiling boards are attached with construction glue and small nails driven into place be a compressor-driven nail gun. With three coats of urethane applied so far, the wood is looking really beautiful.