We were all set and ready to use 3/4" 4x8 tongue & groove plywood for the subfloor, which is what many tiny houses use. Then in a conversation with Byron, owner of Simblissity Tiny Homes out of Lyons, CO, our minds were changed. Advantech Flooring, Byron quotes, "This is what all the big kids are using!"
So, I looked into it.
- High density engineered wood for industry leading strength and stiffness
- Advanced moisture resistant resin technology applied through the panel
- Superb fastener-holding power helps keep floors flat and quiet
- Patented fastening guide for easier installation
- Precisely milled and extremely durable tongue and groove profile for easy installation
- Ranked #1 in quality every year for more than a decade
- Backed by the reputation of Huber Engineered Woods
We were pretty much sold. For roughly $3 more per sheet, and when you only need 8 sheets, it seemed worth it.